This menu item is used to make changes to the sell price of a large number of Products. Products can be added in either of the following ways:
- Manually by using the Add Item button and adding individual Products one at a time. This method is normally used when changes are limited to a small number of Products.
- By using the Wizard button to add a large number of Products.
To Be Considered
- Note : Any Products currently in an active Special/Promotion will NOT have their sell price changed when applying price changes via the wizard. If a Product is on Promotion on the selected date, the Product's sell price will only be updated when the Promotion is finished.
- Price changes marked with today's date will take effect immediately, that is when the Price Change is saved.
- Note : The End of Day (EOD) Service needs to be running in order for Price Change updates to take effect.
Price Changes Wizard
- Price Change Name - Select the button opposite to open the Search Price Change screen to select a previously saved Price Change. If a new Price Change is being added enter a name to identify the Price Change.
- Price Change Date - Enter/Select the date the Price Change is to come into effect.
- Field Selection - Select to display the Field Selection buttons. By toggle selecting these buttons, the associated column will be removed/added to the grid.
The Find fields above the grid will automatically sort the rows in the grid by the field selected. Entering a value into in any one of the Find fields will cause the closest matching row to be highlighted.
Displays the Products that the Price Change is to be applied to. The columns displayed can be customised by using the above Field Selection option.
- Current Price - Displays the current sell price. If a Product is currently in a Special/Promotion then the promotional price will be displayed here. If not then it will be equivalent to the Normal Price.
- Normal Price - Displays the normal sell price associated with the Product.
- * - Displays an asterix (*) when the Source Price includes the application of any applicable Taxes.
- Source Price - Displays the price used to base the calculation of the Calculated and New Price on. This is the price selected in the Wizard in the From Where tab.
- Calculated Price - Displays the price as calculated by the Wizard.
- New Price - Displays the New Price as calculated by the Wizard. This price may differ from the Calculated Price when there is rounding involved. Enter a price if required. Note : The default price displayed is the rounded Calculated Price when using the Wizard button, or the Normal Price when using the Add Item button.
- Add Item - Select to open the Search Product screen and select a Product to add to the grid.
- Single Item Price Level - Select to open the Search Price Levels screen and select a Price Level that will be applied to the next items added to the grid via the Add Item button.
- Delete Row - Select to delete the selected Product from the grid.
- Reset Grid - Select to clear the grid of all Products.
- New - Select to add a new Price Change.
- Open - Select to open the Search Price Change screen to select an existing Price Change. Note : This screen will only display Price Changes that have not been committed.
- Wizard - Select to invoke the Wizard which is used to return the Products to which a Price Change is to be applied. Also returns the new calculated sell price. For further information re the Price Change Wizard click here.
- Save/Commit - Select to Save/Commit the Price Changes for all the Products displayed in the grid. If the Price Changes are marked with today's date then a commit prompt will be displayed when the save button is selected. For Future Price Change updates a save prompt will be displayed. These can be retrieved at a later date using the Price Change Name button.
- Delete - Select to delete the selected Product Group.
- Tools - Select from one of the options listed in the drop down menu. For further information re Tools click here.
- Reports - Select from one of the options listed in the drop down menu. For further information re Reports click here.
- Close - Select to exit.
Price Changes can be made to multiple Products quickly and easily by using the Price Change Wizard button. Follow these instructions to make a price change:
Select the Price Levels to which the Price Change will apply
- From Promotion - Select to open the Search Promotions screen to select a Special/Promotion.
- Location Group - Select a open the Search Location Groups screen to select a Location Group (Venue) and ensure all the Price Levels assigned to that Location Group (Venue) are automatically selected.
- Location - Select a open the Search Locations screen to select a Location and ensure all the Price Levels assigned to the selected Location are automatically selected.
- Level - Select the individual Price Levels to which the Price Change is to apply.
- Select all Default Price Levels - Select to check all Price Levels.
- Deselect All - Select to uncheck all Price Levels.
- Reset Defaults - Select to reset to default settings
- Back - Select to return to the previous step.
- Next - Select to proceed to the next step.
- Finish - Select to run the wizard.
- Cancel - Select to exit the wizard without running it.
Select the Price to be used as the SOURCE PRICE for determining the new Price. If the Cost Price is selected, then the Location from which the Cost Price will be sourced, must also be selected.
- From Price Level - Select to open the Search Price Levels screen to select the Price Level based on which the new price will be calculated. For example: To set a Staff Price of 30% less than the normal retail price. To accomplish this select the Price Level that reflects the normal retail price. The 30% calculation is done later in the wizard.
- From Cost Price - Select to open the Search Locations screen to select the Location from which the Cost Price is to be retrieved and used as the basis for the new price calculation. This feature is particularly useful for setting up new Products that have just been purchased from Suppliers. Once a profit margin has been decided on, The prices can easily be updated.
- Add Tax - Select to add Tax prior to any calculations being done.
- From Base Price Level - Select to ensure that the new price calculation is based on the Base Level Price as configured here.
Use the filters below to limit the Products returned by the wizard, to which the Price Changes will apply. By default all Products will be returned.
Note : Products in Locations using 'Cost as %' will not be returned.
- From/To Product - Select to open the Search Products screen to return the Products in the From/To Product range selected.
- From/To Category - Select to open the Search Categories screen to return the Products in the From/To Category range selected.
- From Group/To Group - Select to open the Search Product Groups screen to return the Products in the From/To Product Group range selected.
- Family - Select to open the Search Families screen to return the Products in the From/To Family range selected.
- Product Range - Select to open the Search Product Range screen to return the Products in the Product Range selected.
- Barcode - Enter/Scan a Barcode or select the button to open the Search Barcode screen to return the Products having the selected Barcode.
- Include Inactive Products - Select to ensure inactive Products are returned.
Select the Formula and Rounding required to determine the new price.
- Formula Expression - Select from the drop down list one of the following mathematical expressions required to calculate the new price:
- Value - Enter the value to be used in conjunction with the expression selected above. For example: a value of 0.9 used with the 'Multiply by Value' expression will result in a 10% reduction in price.
- Update $0.00 Prices - Select to ensure prices currently set at $0.00 will be updated as well. This is only applied when the expressions Add, Subtract or Equals are selected. Note : Modifiers, cooking instructions and condiments may all have $0.00 prices and may need to remain at that price, so be sure to review the Products displayed in the grid before committing the Price Change.
- Apply Tax - Select to apply tax after the Formulas have been applied and when the Source Price does not include tax.
- Rounding - Select one of the following :
How to Calculate a Selling Price in one simple calculation based on Gross Profit
- Cost divided by .7 will give a selling price with a 30% GP Eg: $10.00 cost = $14.30 sell
- Also now you can enter 30% and use the GP option directly in the formula.
The Price Changes Wizard menu item allows data to be imported/exported directly to a PDE or via the Stocktaker application using XML files. The following options are available:
- Upload Product Barcodes to PDE - Select to export all of the Product Barcodes in SwiftPOS to your PDE.
- Download Price from PDE - Select to download price change data from the PDE to SwiftPOS.
- Upload PDE Software - Select to upload the Price Verification software to the PDE.
- Export Product Barcodes to XML - Select to upload Barcodes to the PDE except that it just writes out the data to an XML file which can be processed by the Stocktaker application at a later stage.
- Import Price from XML (PLU) - Select to import data from an XML file which has been created by the Stocktaker application.
- Import Price from XML (Barcode) - This option is similar to the Import Price from XML (PLU) option, except it reads in an XML file produced by Task Manager. Upon importing the XML file SwiftPOS does a lookup on the Barcodes of the current Products and matches them to the Barcodes in the XML file. This is useful for bureau systems which have multiple SwiftPOS Back Office solutions, who wish to merge all pricing into one central database.
- Import Prices from CSV - Select to import price changes from a CSV file which can easily be created in Excel. For file format information ...
In addition to these tools, the following reports can also be produced to help you review your price changes:
- Price Changes - The Price Changes report is simply just a preview report, displaying the same data that appears in the price changes screen.
- Price Changed with GP - The Price Changes with GP report expands on the original report by including the price difference between the new and old prices and both old and new GP%.
The file can have any name but must be in a CSV format and have an extension of either CSV or TXT. The file should NOT contain a header row. If a header row is included, an error will be encountered when importing. The required format for the CSV file to be imported is:
Example of Value
This field refers to the Price Level number that is having a Price Change applied to.
The Barcode of the Product that is having a Price Change applied to.
The new price of the Product that is having a Price Change applied to.