This menu item is used to design and print Product Labels for a small number of Products. To print labels for large numbers of Products use Product Labels Wizard. The steps involved are outlined in Operation below.
To Be Considered
- Note : Before Previewing the Labels ensure the Label Qty's against each Product is correct.
- Note: Only True Type Fonts are supported.
- Label - Select the button to select (from previously created label designs) the design to be used to generate Product Labels.
- Location - Select from the drop down list the Location from which the Price Level will be sourced and displayed in the grid.
- PLU/Barcode - Displays the PLU/Barcode of the Product. When blank either enter/scan the Barcode of a Product and then press Enter to display the Product's details in the grid. Or place the cursor in the field and then press Enter to open Search Products screen to select a Product.
- Product ID - Displays the Product Code of the Product. When blank either enter the Product Code of a Product and then press Enter to display the Product's details in the grid. Or place the cursor in the field and then press Enter to open Search Products screen to select a Product.
- Description - Displays the Description of the Product. When blank either enter the full/partial Product Description of a Product and then press Enter to display the Product's details in the grid. Or place the cursor in the field and then press Enter to open Search Products screen to select a Product. If a partial description is entered then the Search Products screen will be displayed to select a Product from all the Products with the equivalent partial description.
- Label Qty - Enter the number of labels to be printed for each Product here.
- Size - Displays the Size of the Product.
- Size Type - Displays the Size Type of the Product.
- Packs - Enter the Pack quantity. Specific to Label printing only and does not get stored in SwiftPOS Back Office.
- Remaining Columns - The remaining columns (for example Prices and Min Stock) displayed in the grid provide further information relating to the Products.
- Add Row - Select to add a row to the grid.
- Delete Row - Select to delete the selected row from the grid.
- Retrieve - Select to retrieve Products that been flagged as requiring Labels to be generated. Note : This button is only visible when the Advanced Host Integration feature is in use and the Save Labels Locally option has been selected.
- Clear Grid - Select to clear the grid of all rows.
- Reset Qty - Select to reset the Label Qty for all Products in the grid to zero. Note : This does NOT reset the label quantities stored against the Product and Location in the Product Edit screen.
- Designer - Note : To include the Barcode on the Product Label add the Barcode database field and select the Barcode font (Code39QuarterInch-Regular). For further information re the Label Designer click here.
Select from the drop down list either one of the following:
- Preview - Select to open the Product Label Preview screen.
- Tools - Select from the drop down list either one of the following:
- Close - Select to exit.
The steps involved are as follows:
- Design a new Product Label OR use and existing Label Design.
- To design a new Label do as follows:
- Select New Label from drop down list associated with the Designer button at the bottom of the screen. This will open the Label Designer screen.
- Using the Label Designer screen design a new label and give it an appropriate Description/Name.
- To use and existing Label select the Label button at the top of the screen and from the Search Labels screen select the Label design required.
- Add the Products for which Labels are required. Do this as follows:
- Print the Product Labels as follows:
- Import/Export Overview
- PDT Management App
- Price Levels - Price Wizard
- Product Label Designer