This menu item is used to search the current range of Products and view/edit Product details or create new Products. This is all done via the Product Full Edit screen and provides access to the following:
To Be Considered
- Products can only be deleted using the Products tab in the Delete Records screen.
- To ensure Products are available in the Web Store, make sure they are assigned to a Family that is Web enabled.
- Note : When adding a new Product, that Product will automatically be available for purchase in the Web Store (subject to it being configured as a Web available Product) or via the Order API. However the new Product will NOT show in the Table Tracking database until a update request is sent to the SwiftPOS Touch terminal. While an updated has NOT been sent, Products that are ordered via the Web and are NOT in the Table Tracking database, will automatically be assigned to the Comments PLU (19995) with a String PLU description. This will ensure those Web Orders are processed immediately, rather than being held up by a delayed SwiftPOS Touch Full Update.
- Note : If the site is registered for Advanced Host Integration, then a Metcash tab will be visible in the Product Full Edit screen.
This screen is accessed from here.
- The filters at the top of the screen can be used to limit the number of rows displayed in the grid. The filters include the following types:
- Full/Partial Numbers - The filter fields of this type are: PLU.
- Full/Partial Texts - The filter fields of this type are: Product Code, Barcode, Supplier Code and Description. The wildcard for searching is the "%" symbol. If you want to search for "Coke" and "ml" anywhere in the search then you can enter "Coke%ml" to find all the different sizes of Coke.
- Check Boxes - The filter fields of this type are: Include Inactive , Include Discontinued and Show SOH.
- Drop Down Lists - The filter fields of this type are: Product Type.
- Search Screens - The filter fields of this type are: Category, Product Range, Group, Supplier and Family.
- Top # Filter
The Find fields above the grid will automatically sort the rows in the grid by the field selected. Entering a value into in any one of the Find fields will cause the closest matching row to be highlighted. Note : The SOH value displayed is does not display decimal places, but rather the quantity rounded to the nearest integer. For example, a Qty of 34.79 will be displayed as 35, and a Qty of 34.39 will be displayed as 34.
The grid displays the: Product Code, Description, PLU, Product Group, Category, Size Qty, Size Type, Case Qty and/or SOH. Note : To edit an entry in the grid, double click a row. Rows displayed in the grid can be sorted by toggle selecting the column headings.
- New - Select to add a new Product.
- Full Edit - Select to edit the selected row.
- Export - Select to export the Products listed in the grid.
- Refresh - Select to refresh the screen. This will ensure the most up to date data is returned.
- Close - Select to exit.
This screen is accessed from here and here, and is used for creating/editing Products. It also provides a SwiftPOS - HELP INFORMATION - Web Version feature that enables the copying of existing Products.
Note : When the Product Full Edit screen loads only some Price Levels may be displayed. This is due to the fact that the list of Price Levels displayed can be filtered to a particular Location Group (Venue) or Location. The settings for this are outlined below.
- Product Code - Displays/Enter the Product Code that identifies the Product. When a new Product is created, SwiftPOS will default the Product Code with the same value as the system generated PLU number. This code can be overridden by entering a more user friendly alphanumeric code if necessary. As opposed to PLU numbers which are numeric, Product Codes are alphanumeric.
- Product Description - Displays/Enter an appropriate Description for the Product. A maximum of 60 characters is available. The Description entered will appear in the Product records screen and also in SwiftPOS reports. The Description can also be changed at the SwiftPOS Touch terminal. Note : To automatically convert Descriptions entered into upper case, ensure the Product Descriptions in Upper Case option is selected.
- Short (16 Chars) - Displays/Enter an appropriate Short Description that can be used to display at SwiftPOS Touch terminals. A maximum of 16 characters is available. By default SwiftPOS will populate the Short Description field with the first 16 characters of the Product Description entered. Note : It is also possible to click on the Short (16 Chars) label to autofill this field with the first 16 characters from the Product Description. Also, to automatically convert Descriptions entered into upper case, ensure the Product Descriptions in Upper Case option is selected.
- Alternate Description - This is used to display a 64 character description in the Picking Slips report for Inventory Batch Transfers.
- PLU - Displays/Enter the PLU number that uniquely identifies the Product. When a new Product is created, SwiftPOS will generate a PLU number. This number can be overridden by entering a custom number between the values of 1 to 999,999. The number entered must be unique and numeric. PLU is an abbreviation for Price Lookup.
- Product Range - Displays/Enter the Product Range to which a Product can be associated with. Select the button to open the Search Product Ranges screen select/view the currently available Product Ranges. To add a Product Range enter an appropriate name for the Range/Filter and select Save. To remove a Product Range from appearing in the Search Product Ranges screen, ensure this field is blanked out for all the Products assigned to the Product Range. For further information ... Note : It is generally recommended that Families be used instead and in the case of price changes make use of the Price Changes Wizard. Only recommended for advances users of the SwiftPOS Back Office.
- Product Type - Select from one of the following:
Note : Selection of the above Product Types will be disabled when there are unsaved changes. Select the Save button first, and then select one of the above.
- Barcodes - Select to add Barcode(s) to the Product.
- Families - Select to assign Families to the Product.
- Suppliers - Select to assign Suppliers and to discontinue the Product. Note : This button will be disabled when the current Product is a Reciped Item and is NOT sourced from Purchased Items.
- Sourced From - Select to view the Sourced From Items (Ingredients) of the currently selected Reciped Item. An ingredient can be a Purchased Item or another Reciped Item. Note : This button will only be enabled when the currently selected Product is a Reciped Item.
- Recipied Items - Select to view the Reciped Items that use the currently selected Product as an ingredient.
- Notes - Select to include extra PLU / Stock Notes to be displayed at the SwiftPOS Touch terminal. PLU / Stock Notes can include information such as a more detailed description or even cooking instructions.
- Languages - Select to set alternate language descriptions for the selected Product.
- Association - Select to view the associations the selected Product has with specific SwiftPOS software element(s).
- Production - Select to open the Production screen to manage/edit Production items. Note : This button will only be enabled when the currently selected Product is a Production Item.
- Web Settings - Select to add Web related information to Products that can be sold/ordered via the internet.
- Analysis - Select to open the Product Analysis screen to review Inventory, Pricing, Sales History, Promotion and Order Analysis information
- Commission - Select to open the Product Commissions screen below to specify Commissions against Products per Location for a given Period. Note : Designed to support integration to the Viva ERP System.
- Country of Origin - Select to open the following screen:
Once configured, these can then be included when creating Product Labels by adding the Product Text Database Field << Country of Origin >> to the Label design in Label Designer.
- Sell Category - The Category assigned to each Product determines how you sell your items and display them at the SwiftPOS Touch terminal. Very little reporting is based on sell Categories, they are largely used for organisation only.
- Report Group - Used to group Products together for sales reporting.
- Size - This Refers to that actual size of the Product e.g.: 1 pack, 500 millilitres, 2 Fluid Ounces.
- Size Description - The size fields refers to the actual value for the size of the Product, e.g.: 1 Pack, 500 Millilitres etc. The Size Description defines the units used to measure the size of the Product. The size description can be any unit of measurement that is setup in the Product Size Setup menu. The sizes that are setup in SwiftPOS by default are Each, Pack, Millilitre, Litre, Gram, Kilogram, Fluid Ounce, Gallon, Ounce and Pound.
- Metcash Code - Displays/Enter the Metcash Item Code that is matched to this Product. Select to open the Search Metcash Item Codes screen to select an Item that matches this Product. Note : This field will only be visible if the site is registered for Advanced Host Integration.
- IBA Scan Code - Displays/Enter IBA's Product Code (Host ID). Required to ensure the exporting of IBA Scan (sales) data. Note : This field will be renamed when one or more Location's has the Hungry Jack's Franchise Type option is selected.
- Primary Supplier - Displays the Primary/Default Supplier as selected via the Suppliers button
- Active - Toggle select to ensure the Product is considered Active/Inactive and therefore available to be sold at SwiftPOS Touch Terminals. Active Products are reported on and are displayed in Product based screens. Note : For the Product to be sold at SwiftPOS Touch Terminals, it will also need to be made Active in the required Locations. Refer to the Location Grid below for further information. Also, a Product cannot be made Inactive if it currently has Associations. For example, Mix n Match, Discount, Surcharge, Voucher, Keyboards, etc.
- Override Case Quantity - When ticked the Imported Supplier Invoices will not change the Case Qty of this Product automatically.
- String PLU - Select to ensure that the Product is to be considered a String Product/PLU. When the Product is sold at the SwiftPOS Touch terminal, a prompt will be displayed enabling the entry of textual information. Often used for specifying custom cooking instructions, specifying a particular flavour of the same Product, entering a serial number, etc. For more information ...
- Qty Based PLU - Select to ensure the quantity is calculated based on the value sold (entered at the SwiftPOS Touch terminal) and selling price of the Product. Ensure the Calculate Qty from Dollar Value option is selected at the SwiftPOS Touch terminal to ensure Clerks are prompted to enter the value sold. This is most commonly used to sell Fuel Products and/or Products sold by weight (used in Deli's or Supermarkets). Use the ?02? style pre-packaged Barcodes to record the quantity or price in the sale item. Reseller Help - For Scales - Packaged Products and Fuel information. Note : When selected and the Display Price on Button option is selected, then the Price will be shown as Price per UOM. For example: $1.176 / L or $3.50 / kg
- Reverse Qty at POS - Select to ensure that when this Product is sold at the SwiftPOS Touch terminal, the Qty sold will be automatically reversed and displayed as a negative value. Used to reduce the value of a sale when for example, ordering a Main with No Sides, and the No Sides Product (with the Reverse Qty at POS option selected) is selected, the the value of the Mains ordered will be reduced by the Price attributed to the No Sides Product. Note : This option will only be displayed for Non-Inventoried Products. Also, it is recommended that when this option is in use, the Don't allow clearing of items to take the sale below $0 option is also selected.
- Case Qty - Select to set the number of items per case. This is only relevant to Purchased Items.
- Purchase Weight - The weight of a Product for invoicing. eg, if a Product is not sold by weight, but you may need to know the weight for shipping.
- Tare Weight - Displays/Set the Tare weight read on the scales. Once set, the Tare Weight specified will be deducted from the scale weight and the Net weight will be displayed on the sales grid. For example, Mushrooms are generally sold in a paper bag. If the bag's weight is 5g, then 5 would be set as the Tare Weight. This will mean that 5g will be deducted from the total weight of the Mushrooms weighed in a paper bag.
- Shelf Life (days) - Displays/Set the Shelf Life of the selected Product, in days. To report on expired Products refer to the Expiry Date Manual Stock Check (CTM003) report. This is used for exporting label data to CAS Label Scales. Use the Database variable [SellByDate] to print on Product Labels.
- Shelf Life (type) - Select from the drop down list one of the following. Use the Database variable [ShelfLifeType] to print on Product Labels.
- Fixed Points Value - Displays/Enter the Fixed number of Loyalty Points that will be awarded to Customer/Members when this Product is purchased. Note : This will only be displayed when the Fixed Points Value option is selected here and the site is NOT registered for Fuel.
- EFT Code - Select to open the EFT Code screen. Note : This button will only be displayed if the site IS registered for Fuel.
- Fuel SAP Export - Select to ensure that sales data associated with this Product will be included in the SAP Export.
- Linked Fuel Products - Select to open the Product Links screen to link Fuel Products. Note : This button will only be displayed if the site IS registered for Fuel.
- Image - Select one of the following:
- Set - Select to open the Images Menu screen and select an Image.
- View - Select to open the Image Viewer to view the Image.
- Clear - Select to clear the Image. This will ensure the Image is no longer associated with the Product.
- Save to Disk - Select to export the image to a selected folder.
- Downsize/Upsize - Select to open the Search Products screen and select the Downsize/Upsize Products associated with the currently selected Product. This option is optional and is generally used in conjunction with Combos.
- Post Links - Select to add Post Link Events to the selected Product via the Post Event Linking screen, and make them available to either SwiftPOS Touch terminals or the Web or both. Similar to Keyboard Post Linking used in association with POS Keys, but different in that a Product with Post Links added to a POS Key on a Keyboard Layout and/or to a Web Store, will when selected, invoke the Post Linking Events configured here. Note : If however, the Post Links are configured against the POS Key (in Keyboard Designer), then these will take precedence over those configured here (against the Product).
- Standard Drink - Displays/Enter the Standard Drink value for the selected Product. The value displayed/entered here is used to limit drinks sold to Members based on when a Standard Drink Limit campaign is enabled. Note : This feature is not supported when Tables are in use.
Price Level Grid
- # - Displays the Price Level Number.
- Price Level - Displays the Price Levels. These are used to set multiple selling prices on Products. Price Levels are commonly used to define prices for use in different Locations, staff and Customer/Member prices or even tax free prices.
- GP - This field displays the Gross Profit Percentage and is calculated as an average across all active Locations. Note : GP% = (A?B)/A , where A=Price?Tax & B=Sum of Costs for visible active Locations / number of Visible active Locations.
- Price - Displays/Enter the normal selling price applicable to each Price Level. Note : The price entered here must include GST where applicable. The selling Price displayed/entered here will not change while a Product is included as part of a Special/Promotion or Happy Hour. Right click the Price to either set one of the following:
- Promo - Displays the Special/Promotion or Happy Hour price when the Product has been included as part of either. Generally the value displayed here will be zero, however when a Special/Promotion or Happy Hour is active, then the associated price will be displayed here. Note : The SwiftPOS Services Monitor is required to be running for Specials/Promotions to trigger.
- Combo - Displays/Enter the Price Offset. The Price Offset entered here is used for either one of the following scenarios:
- Extra Charge - When a Product is sold as part of a Combo and incurs and extra charge, then a Combo price is entered. This price will be added to the total price of the Combo. For example, if selling a Vegetable Curry Combo which comes with rice and a choice of naan. Plain Naan is the combo default, however, if the Cheese and Garlic Naan is selected, then an amount of $1 is added to the price of the Combo. Therefore, a price of $1.00 would be entered in the Combo price field for the Cheese and Garlic Naan Product. The plain Naan Product would have a Combo price of $0.00. The $1.00 extra charge should appear on the Cheese and Garlic Naan POS Key at the SwiftPOS Touch terminal.
- Down/Upsizing - This option is optional and only used in conjunction with Combos. For example, when selling a Combo and then wanting to downsize the drink, the small drink Product would have a Combo price of -$0.50. This would mean that the total Combo price would be decreased by 50c. And similarly, for upsizing the large drink Product would have a Combo price of $0.50, meaning the total Combo price would be increased by 50c.
- Displays a padlock when the Location has been locked for a Stocktake.
- # - Displays the Location Number.
- Location - Displays the Location Description.
- Cost - Displays the cost of the Product the last time it was purchased from a Supplier. Note : The Cost value displayed/entered here should ALWAYS exclude GST. For sites with multiple Locations, Product costs can be maintained per Location. To enable this, ensure the Track Individual Location Costs setting is selected. If the Track Individual Location Costs setting is not selected then when changing the Cost in one Location, all other Locations will be updated with the same cost, when the Save button is selected.
- Cost as % - Displays/Enter the cost of the item as a percentage of the Sell price (Exc Tax). Primarily used to determine the cost of prepared food.
- Previous Cost - Shows the previous cost the item was purchased for from a Supplier.
- Active - Select to ensure the Product is considered Active in the selected Location. A Product that is Active in a specific Location, will be available to be sold at the SwiftPOS Touch terminals in the same Location, only if the Product itself is flagged as Active. Products that are Active in a specific Location, but are NOT flagged as Active, will not be able to be sold, but will be able to be Receipted (Goods Inwards), Transferred In/Out and included in the Printing of Price Books and Stocktakes.
- Stock/Estimated SOH - Displays the current Stock in the case of Purchased Items, and the Estimated SOH (Stock on Hand) for Reciped Items. Note : The Estimated SOH will only be displayed for those Reciped Items that are sourced from a Purchased Item. The Estimated SOH will NOT be displayed when the Reciped Item is sourced from another Reciped Item.
- Min - Displays the minimum reorder quantity for each Location.
- Max - Displays the maximum reorder quantity for each Location.
- Last Sold - Displays the last date the Product was sold at each Location.
- On Ord - Shows how many units are on backorder from Suppliers.
- Labels - Displays the number of labels that will be printed when using the Label Designer. This value can be changed in the main screen of the Label Designer.
- Label - Displays the Product Label design that will be used to print Labels.
- Draw From - This determines which Location the stock will be decremented from and it is used in Bars where the Bulk Beer (Kegs) and other Products may draw their stock from a central Location like the cellar or stock room. Note : The Draw From Location MUST NOT itself draw from another Location. It MUST draw from itself. Example: If you have 3 Bars and a Cellar, then the 3 Bars would draw their stock from the Cellar. However, the Cellar must draw from itself and not from another Location.
- Bin # - Displays/Enter the Bin # that identifies the location of the Product as to where it is stored in, for example, a warehouse. A maximum of 30 alphanumeric and/or special characters can be entered into this field. The field displays on the Picking Slip in Inventory Batch Transfers.
- Location Group - This setting determines which Price Levels and Location costs will be displayed based on the Location Group (Venue) that has been selected.
- GP/Price Level Location - This filter can be used to determine which Price Levels and Locations are displayed in the Product Full Edit screen based on the Location that has been selected.
- Hide Inactive Locations - The Hide Inactive Locations option is used to hide/show Location that have been set as inactive for each Product.
- Check All Set To Active - Select to set Product as active in all Locations.
- Uncheck All Set To Inactive - Select to set Product as inactive in all Locations.
- Copy Cost Across Locations - Select to copy cost of Product across all Locations.
- New - Select to add a new Product. Note : When a Product is added by a Clerk/Staff Member that is restricted to a specific Location Group (Venue), then that Product will only be active in the Locations related to that Location Group (Venue).
- Copy - Select to copy the current Product. The new Product's description will be suffixed with the text (Copy). It will also be Active in the same Locations as the original Product. Also, Families assigned to the original Product will also be copied. When a Recipe Item is copied the following prompt will be displayed:
Note : Copying a Recipe Item will result in the Source From details also being copied. These will need to be checked and updated if required. Also, when copying a Product that has Reciped Items, these items will NOT be copied to the new Product.
Note : The above prompt maybe encountered in sites that are registered for Advanced Host Integration and when either of the two above Save buttons are selected. The prompt is displayed when there is a requirement that Metcash mandatory details need to be entered. These details can be accessed via the Metcash tab found here. To ensure this prompt is NOT displayed, then unselect the Enforce mandatory Metcash Details when maintaining Products option.
- Undo - Select to undo changes made. Note : Undo will now also ensure a Product is deleted if it has been added accidentally. However, if the Save button has been selected prior to selecting Undo, then the Product will not be deleted.
- Reports - Select from the drop down list either one of the following reports:
- Location GP Report
- Product POS Assignment
- New Promotion - Select to open the Promotion Edit screen to create a Promotion for the selected Product. Note : When opened, the Promotion edit screen will be pre-populated with name of the Promotion defaulting to the Short Description (POS Display) and a row will be added displaying the details of the selected Product.
- Close - Select to exit.
This screen is accessed from here. This screen is used to configure Commission rates for the selected Product. Commission rates are entered per Location for a selected period and are entered as Cents Per Litre (CPL). Note : Designed to support the export of sales data to the Viva ERP System.
- Product - Displays the Product Description.
- ERP Product Code - Displays/Enter the Viva ERP Product Code.
- Location - Select from the drop down list of Locations a Location.
- From/To - Displays/Set the Start/End Date for the period in which the Commission will be applied, when the selected Product is sold.
- Commission CPL - Displays/Enter the CPL rate to be applied as a Commission when the selected Product is sold.
- Add - Select to add a row.
- Delete - Select to delete the selected row.
- Save - Select to save changes.
- Undo - Select to undo changes made.
- Copy From Other Products - Select to open the Select a Product screen to select an existing Product that will be copied
- Close - Select to exit.
Used to facilitate the filtering of Products. For example, in the generation of Reports, Wizards and Price changes. Examples of their use are as follows:
- Report Filter - If all beer Products are assigned to the Beer Product Range, this can then be used filter selective reports by selecting Beer against the Product Range filter. This will result in only beer Products being reported on.
- In Wizards - Used in most Product related Wizards in SwiftPOS Back Office. For example, as seen in use in the Price Changes Wizard.
- Price Changes - Product Range used for Price Changes - If the Prompt for Product Range Price Change is selected in Global Preferences, then when a change to the sell price of a Product (that has a Product Range assigned to it) is made, a prompt (as seen below) will appear, requesting confirmation of whether the sell price change is to be applied to all other Products assigned to the same Product Range.
Product EFT Code
This screen is accessed from here and is used to set EFT Codes for the EFT Types available.
This screen is accessed from here and is used to Link Fuel Products and specify a Price Offset. This will mean that when the Price is changed for the parent Product, the prices will change for the Linked Products listed here by the offset set.
Working with Locations
It is possible to make every Product active or inactive in every Location in SwiftPOS. This feature is used primarily in conjunction with reporting to enable them to be effectively filtered to show only relevant Products. Currently, this feature is being used with the Price List reports as well as the Inventory Count Sheets. This feature is very useful when you do not sell all of your Products in every Location, eg: A hotel has 3 Locations, a Bar, a lounge and a bottle shop. A Product such as a carton of XXXX would only be sold in the bottle shop so the lounge and bar Locations can be set as inactive. When you then go and run the Inventory Count Sheets report the carton of XXXX Product will only have a record for the bottle shop Location, which is the only place it is sold.
Active - The Active option allows each Location to be set as active/inactive for each individual Product.
In addition to the settings listed above it is also possible to only display certain Price Levels and Location costs in the Product Full Edit screen. When a single Location Group (Venue) is selected a lookup on the database is performed and a list of all Locations and Price Levels assigned to the selected Location Group (Venue) are returned. These are the Location costs and Price Levels that you will see in the screen. If you select the ALL option then you will just see every Price Level and every Location cost.
- Global Preferences - Prompt for Product Range Price Change
- POS - Configuration Index - Product Configuration
- POS - Operation Index - Product Features
- Scheduled Price Level Changes
- Reseller Help - For Scales - Packaged Products and Fuel information