This menu item is used to quickly add/edit Products without having to enter a lot of information relating to the Product. For example : This allows the quick addition/editing of Products by entering their Product Descriptions, Groups, Categories and Selling Price.
Filters can be applied to restrict the data displayed in the grid. These filters can be based on Category, Group, Family, PLU, Product Code, Description, Barcode, Product Range and Product Type, etc as seen in the screenshot below. It is also possible to include inactive and discontinued Products in the search criteria. The wildcard for searching is the "%" symbol. If you want to search for "Coke" and "ml" anywhere in the search then you can enter "Coke%ml" to find all the different sizes of Coke.
To Be Considered
- Before using this feature ensure the columns that are required are being displayed in the grid. This can be done by selecting the Columns button at the bottom of the screen.
- The filters at the top of the screen can be used to limit the number of rows displayed in the grid. The filters include the following types:
- Full/Partial Texts - The filter fields of this type are: Product Code, Barcode, Supplier Code and Description. The wildcard for searching is the "%" symbol. If you want to search for "Coke" and "ml" anywhere in the search then you can enter "Coke%ml" to find all the different sizes of Coke.
- Full/Partial Numbers - The filter fields of this type are: PLU.
- Check Boxes - The filter fields of this type are: Include Inactive and Include Discontinued.
- in V10+, Include Inactive has 3 states, Enabled: Includes all inactive products, Shaded: Includes items that are Active, but not active in all filtered locations, Disabled: doesnt show items if they are inactive in the filtered locations.
- Drop Down Lists - The filter fields of this type are: Product Type.
- Search Screens - The filter fields of this type are: Locations, Category, Product Range, Product Group, Supplier and Family. Note : Locations is pre-filled for the first 10 locations that the Clerk has access to.
- Top # Filter
- Locations - Select All to show Products that are ACTIVE in ALL Locations. To see all Products (regardless of their active status) in all Locations select the Include Inactive option.
The Find fields above the grid will automatically sort the rows in the grid by the field selected. Entering a value into in any one of the Find fields will cause the closest matching row to be highlighted.
The grid displays the Product(s) returned as a result of the Search Filters specified. It also can be customised to display the Product data associated with the columns selected using the Columns button. The Product data displayed can be quickly changed by simply clicking on it and selecting/entering the change required.
- New - Select to add a new Product.
- Copy - Select to copy the currently selected Product and create a new Product.
- Save - Select to save changes.
- Undo - Select to undo the changes made since the last save.
- Columns - Select to open the Field Chooser screen (see below) to enable customisation of the columns displayed in the grid.
- Refresh - Select to refresh the screen. This will ensure the most up to date data is returned.
- Reset - Select to reset the columns to the default columns. These are : Product Description, Product Group, Category, Normal Price and Cost as per Location #1.
- Close - Select to exit.
- Select the field(s) to be displayed in the grid as columns.
- Deselect the field(s) to remove from being displayed in the grid as a column.