This menu item is used to make changes to the cost price of a large number of Products. The Cost Price Wizard steps involved are as follows:
- Locations - Select the source and target Locations to which the Cost Price Change will apply.
- Groups & Filters - To select the Products to which the new price calculation is to be applied to.
- Formulas & Rounding - To select the formula and rounding required to determine the new price.
To Be Considered
- Note : Any Products currently in an active Special/Promotion will have their cost price changed when applying Cost Price Changes via the wizard.
- Cost Price Changes marked with today's date will take effect immediately, that is when the Cost Price Change is saved.
- Future Cost Price Change updates is controlled by the End of Day Service and will need to be running for the Cost Price Change to take effect.
Cost Changes Wizard
- Cost Change Name - Select the button opposite to open the Search Price Change screen to select a previously saved Price Change. If a new Price Change is being added enter a name to identify the Price Change.
- Cost Change Date - Enter/Select the date the Cost Price Change is to come into effect.
- Product Code - Displays the Product Code of the Products that the Wizard returns and to which the Cost Price Change is to be applied.
- Description - Displays the Product Description.
- Source Location - Displays the Location from which the Cost Price is sourced.
- Source Cost - Displays the Cost Price on which the calculation of the new Cost Price is based.
- Target Location - Displays the Location in which the new Cost Price is to be applied.
- Calculated Cost - Displays the Cost Price as calculated and returned by the Wizard.
- Final Cost (New) - Displays the Calculated Price as returned by the Wizard. Enter a new Cost Price if it is to differ from the price displayed.
- Delete Row - Select to delete the selected item from the grid.
- New - Select to add a new Cost Price Change.
- Reset - Select to clear the grid of all Products.
- Save - Select to save changes.
- Delete - Select to delete the selected Product Group.
- Wizard - Select to invoke the Wizard which is used to return the Products to which a Cost Price Change is to be applied. Also returns the new calculated cost price. For further information re the Cost Price Wizard click here.
- Report - The Cost Changes report is simply just a preview report, displaying the same information that appears in the Cost Changes Wizard screen.
- Save/Commit - Select to Save/Commit the Cost Price Changes for all the Products displayed in the grid. If the Cost Price Changes are marked with today's date then a commit prompt will be displayed when the save button is selected. For Future Cost Price Change updates a save prompt will be displayed. These can be retrieved at a later date using the Cost Change Name button.
- Close - Select to exit.
Cost Price Changes can be made to multiple Products quickly and easily by using the Cost Price Change Wizard button. Follow these instructions to make a Cost Price Change:
Select the source and target Locations to which the Cost Price Change will apply
- Source Location - Select a open the Search Locations screen to select a Location from which the calculation of the new price will be based on.
- Location Group - Select a open the Search Location Groups screen to select a Location Group (Venue) and ensure all the Locations assigned to that Location Group (Venue) are automatically selected.
- Target Locations - Select the individual Locations to which the Cost Price Change is to apply.
- Deselect All - Select to uncheck all Locations.
Select the Products to which the new price calculation is to be applied to.
- From/To Product - Select to open the Search Products screen to return the Products in the From/To Product range selected.
- From/To Category - Select to open the Search Categories screen to return the Products in the From/To Category range selected.
- From Group/To Group - Select to open the Search Product Groups screen to return the Products in the From/To Product Group range selected.
- Family - Select to open the Search Families screen to return the Products in the From/To Family range selected.
- Product Range - Select to open the Search Product Range screen to return the Products in the Product Range selected.
- Barcode - Enter/Scan a Barcode or select the button to open the Search Barcode screen to return the Products having the selected Barcode.
- Include Inactive Products - Select to ensure inactive Products are returned.
Select the formula and rounding required to determine the new price.
- Expression - Select from the drop down list one of the following mathematical expressions required to calculate the new price:
- Formula Value - Enter the value to be used in conjunction with the expression selected above. For example: a value of 0.9 used with the 'Multiply by Value' expression will result in a 10% reduction in cost price.
- Update costs that are currently $0.00 - Select to ensure cost prices currently set at $0.00 will be updated as well. This is only applied when the expressions Add, Subtract or Equals are selected. Note : Modifiers, cooking instructions and condiments may all have $0.00 cost prices and may need to remain at that price, so be sure to review the Products displayed in the grid before committing the Cost Price Change.
- Rounding - Select one of the following :
- Reset Defaults - Select to reset to default settings
- Back - Select to return to the previous step.
- Next - Select to proceed to the next step.
- Finish - Select to run the wizard.
- Cancel - Select to exit the wizard without running it.