This menu item is used to design and print Product Labels for a large number of Products. To print labels for a small number of Products use Product Labels.
To Be Considered
- Note : Before Previewing the Labels ensure the Label Qty's against each Product is correct.
- The Price Level chosen in the Data Wizard is the default price that will be printed on a label. Other Price Levels may be added to the label during the designer stage. Note : If any of the Products have not been assigned a Barcode the label designer will use the PLU of the Product to generate a Barcode.
- The filters at the top of the screen can be used to limit the number of rows displayed in the grid. The filters include the following types:
- Promotion - Select to open the Search Promotions screen to ensure only those Products assigned to the Special/Promotion selected, are added. Generally used when labels are required for Products that are setup in a Promotion. Note : None of the above filters are relevant when using this filter.
- Products Changed Since - Select the checkbox to enable and select from the drop down list one of the following:
Once selected, those Products that have been changed or had a price change since the date entered/selected, will be displayed in the grid once the Apply button is selected. Note : Use of this filter overrides the use of the Location filter as Product changes cannot be defined as being specific to any Location.
- Price Change - Select to open the Search Price Change screen to ensure only those Products assigned to the Price Change selected, are added. Generally used when labels are required for Products that are part of a Price Change. Note : None of the above filters are relevant when using this filter.
- Supplier: Select to open Search Suppliers Screen to ensure only Products assigned to the selected Supplier, are added. Note : This filter only adds Products that have the selected Supplier as their Preferred Supplier.
- Use Promotion/Specials Price - Select to ensure the Promotional Price is used rather than the normal price.
- Include Nil SOH Products - Select to include.
- Apply - Select to apply the filters and add those Products as returned by the filters to the grid.
- Reset - Select to reset the filters to the default values.
- Set Label Qty - Select one of the following options to set the Number of Labels to be printed for each Product listed in the grid:
- From Label Qty - Select to set the Qty to the Product's Labels quantity setting. Only those Products with a Labels quantity greater than zero will be added to the grid.
- From SOH - Select to set the Qty to the Product's current SOH. Only those Products with a SOH quantity greater than zero will be added to the grid. Note : This option will only be enabled if the Include Nil Inventory Products option is NOT selected.
- Set - Select to enter/set the Number of Labels to be printed for each Product listed in the grid.
- Label - Select the button to select (from previously created label designs) the design to be used to generate Product Labels.
The grid displays the: Product Group, Location, PLU/Barcode, Product Code, Description, Label Qty and Prices 1-4.
- Qty - Enter the number of labels to be printed for each Product here.
- Delete Row - Select to delete the selected row from the grid.
- Retrieve - Select to retrieve Products that been flagged as requiring Labels to be generated. Note : This button is only visible when the Advanced Host Integration feature is in use and the Save Labels Locally option has been selected.
- Reset Grid - Select to clear the grid of all rows. A prompt will also appear prompting confirmation as to whether Label quantities against Products listed in the grid should be reset to zero.
- Reset Qty - Select to reset the Label Qty for all Products in the grid to zero. Note : This does NOT reset the label quantities stored against the Product and Location in the Product Edit screen.
- Label Designer - Note : To include the Barcode on the Product Label add the Barcode database field and select the Barcode font (Code39QuarterInch-Regular). For further information re the Label Designer click here.
Select from the drop down list either one of the following:
- Preview - Select to open the Product Label Preview screen.
- Close - Select to exit.